Saturday, January 9, 2021

Little Fires Everywhere (Celeste Ng)

Why I have this book: I borrowed the audio version from the library after a friend recommended it.

I really liked this book. I actually had purchased the ebook version first, but had a hard time getting into it. I then borrowed the audio version and got hooked right away. I listened to the whole book while quilting... well, except the last chapter which I read in bed from my ebook version.

What made this book so good to me were all the complexities of relationships and life choices. I thought the author did a great job helping the readers learn about and understand the various points of view each character had. There was such great character development. I honestly cared about nearly every person in the book.

The narrator of the audiobook was great, as well.

This book had some swearing, including a handful of the F-words. Teenage sex seems to be an expected part of life in the community where this book was set. None of it is descriptive. Abortion is also a part of the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment