Why I have this book: When the price dropped substantially, I bought the Kindle edition.
So glad I didn't pay full price. This book was BORING until the last handful of chapters. Lots of name-dropping, lots of accomplishments and bragging for how amazing Meghan is, blah, blah, blah.
The last little bit was more interesting as it detailed how the split from the royal family went down according to Harry and Meghan's point of view. I'm glad they got the chance to show their side of it.
Overall, there is a ton of privilege going on in the world of royals, and most of us can't relate to it. I would never want to live in that world. Even though they don't have to worry about finances and have incredible opportunities and benefits, they give up far too much for it. And honestly, I could never live in Britain and feel that I should curtsey to anyone. I'm sorry, but nobody in the royal family is better than anyone else just because they were born into or married into that bloodline. It's really so archaic.
I gave this two stars on Goodreads.
Clean. I don't recall any swearing or anything else offensive.
No comments:
Post a Comment