Why I have this book: My friend recommended it, so I bought it on Kindle because it was pretty inexpensive.
I liked this book a lot. I was telling my husband about it, and he was perplexed by the storyline. He wondered what the point was. (Does a book always have to have a point? Sometimes it's just for entertainment!)
I feel like this book did have a point, though. It was about relationships and dynamics in families and how we don't always understand where someone else is coming from and how we don't always know each other very well even after years of sharing family ties. (I know that was a terrible sentence.)
It had a quote about being a mother-in-law that I completely agreed with, so much so that I took a picture of it. I don't really want to type it all in, but it was basically about how there's all these unwritten rules for mothers-in-law, and how we know we're going to get it wrong, so it's intimidating to even try sometimes. All fathers-in-law have to do, though, is be welcoming. Nothing else is expected of them.
The actual quote is much better.
There were a couple of loose ends for me, but I still really liked it. I gave it four stars on Goodreads.
There were a few F-words and some other swear words. There is an unwed pregnancy, a possible murder and/or suicide. One character is stepping out on his wife. You know, just your typical modern family. Haha...
No comments:
Post a Comment