Why I have this book: I got it for free on Kindle. It was probably when I was on those Book Bub lists back in the day.
While I think the author did make some good points in this book, I also think it could have been about one hundred pages shorter. I ended up skimming quite often.
She used a story in the book that I'm pretty sure has been debunked as an urban legend (but said it was true), and gave another example of a wife forgiving her husband for sexually molesting their daughter. (Forgiving = working things out and staying married.) Listen, maybe that was the best decision for this particular wife/family, but I could never be with a man who molested his own daughter.
In any case, I am just going to delete this book from my Kindle account. It is a Christian based book, but I didn't agree with a lot of it, and I wasn't inspired by a good portion of it. I gave it two stars on Goodreads, though, because it did have a bit of good counsel for wives.
Clean, although there is a long chapter on sexual intimacy in marriage. I still think it's clean, but in case that offends anyone, I figured I'd mention it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment