Sunday, July 26, 2020

The Star Garden (Nancy E. Turner)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library so I could finish out the trilogy. I did read this years ago, but I must have borrowed the book because I know I never owned it.

Okay, so the writing and the story are so engrossing, but I really don't get how the author manages to have such inconsistencies from book to book. In fact, I recently found out that she has written a fourth book for this series, and from what is written on the back, it takes place at least a year after one of the characters in the book has died. She's alive in the new book, but she died in an earlier year in a previous book.

Anyway, I wish she had me read all her books so I could help her to see what needed fixing because it just seems odd that nobody else noticed before they were published. And here is a brand new book that is totally messed up with when someone died and now they're alive again (not really) a year or two later. I don't get it.

Otherwise, I do so love her epic stories, but I couldn't give this another four or five stars on Goodreads with these crazy mistakes. I gave it three stars... but I do still love the writing of Nancy E. Turner.

This book has all the drama and fighting and tragedy as the previous two books. There's also some surprising premarital sex (not described... in fact, I was asking myself, "Wait... did they...?")

No comments:

Post a Comment