Sunday, March 22, 2020

Flight of the Sparrow (Amy Belding Brown)

Why I have this book: A friend recommended it, and it was available to borrow from the ebook library, so I did!

I liked this book quite a bit. I didn't realize until later that it was based on a true story, but the author admits that it was very loosely based on a true story... so I'd call it more fiction than fact.

Still, it give an idea of what life was like in the 1600's in early America when hostilities between Native Americans and new immigrants were an intense part of life for both groups. Violence and hardship were afflicted from either side in the most brutal ways.

I think there was some swearing in the book (if I remember correctly), and there was pretty descriptive violence throughout the story, although it wasn't constant or continual.


No comments:

Post a Comment