Friday, October 5, 2018

Why Isn't God Answering Me? (Gerald N. Lund)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the DBS+ library. I "read" the audio version.

Too bad it wasn't read by the author!

I don't know... it was good. There were some parts that struck a chord with me, but for the most part, I mostly felt like you basically have to be perfect to hear the voice of the Lord. I don't think that was the author's intent. I think he was just trying to help the reader sort through things that might be preventing them from receiving or hearing the answers to their prayers. I can see how it's a helpful way to provoke thought about what you might need to tweak in order to clear the channels between you and God.

I just wish it didn't seem like all the stars have to align perfectly in order to commune with God. It shouldn't be that hard when a child needs help and direction from his or her Father.

I gave it three stars on Goodreads.

Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment