Saturday, October 6, 2018

The Lemonade Year (Amy Willoughby-Burle)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library after reading about it in Deseret Book.

I'm still a bit perplexed about this book. It's sold and advertised at Deseret Book. It's promoted as being "LDS Fiction." Yet the characters aren't LDS, nor is the author from what I can tell. I don't care... I read lots of non-LDS books, but I'm just confused why it's published by Shadow Mountain (typically LDS books) and promoted as being LDS. There's nothing overly religious about it, although there is a bit of spirituality/relationship with God involved.

Anyway, I did enjoy the book. I liked the writing style, and I liked the depth of characters. It made me think, and it's stuck with me after finishing it. I gave it four stars on Goodreads.

Clean, although there is some discussion about a possible marital affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment