Tuesday, October 23, 2018

As Wide as the Sky (Jessica Pack)

Why I have this book: It was written by Josie Kilpack (Jessica Pack being her pen name due to how different this book is from her usual style), and I had heard enough about it to want to check it out.

It's a heavy book, and definitely different from the other books she's written. It's not perfect (it seemed a little Nicholas Sparks as it turned into a love story of sorts), but it sure sank into my soul and is stuck there for a while. It reminds me of the book A Mother's Reckoning by the mother of one of the Columbine shooters. These tragedies affect so many people, and I think we often forget the mothers and fathers and other loved ones of the killers. It's heartbreaking in so many ways.

Clean, with one or two swear words. The subject matter is heavy and sad, but also is about redemption and resilience of the human spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment