Sunday, October 1, 2017

Saving Marilee (Annette K. Larsen)

Why I have this book: I enjoyed the first book in this series, and discovered that the rest were on sale for .99 a few weeks ago, so I bought them. (The last one in the series was $1.99, but I bought it anyway.)

So far, the first book has been the best by far, but the others are enjoyable. I gave this one 3 stars on Goodreads. I didn't love the protagonist, and the love interest was too good to be true, considering the drama that occurred here and there. The author tends to overuse phrases. (In this book, there were several "He pulled his chin back" type descriptions. I'm not even sure what that means.) There also needed to be more editing in general. It was a bit corny in parts, but overall, it was a decent read for a light escape.

I have two more books in the series, but I'm not overly anxious to get to them. I might need to read something with more substance first.

Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment