Friday, September 29, 2017

Secret Daughter (Shilpi Somaya Gowda)

Why I have this book: I bought the paperback edition six years ago and never read it. I suggested it for book club (so I would be more motivated to read it), and then I ended up buying the Kindle version for $1.99. I just like reading on my Kindle better! (I gave the print edition to a friend in my book club.)

I liked this book. As an adoptive mom, I was interested in the emotions of the characters. I actually think it tied up too neatly without a full resolution, but adoption is like that more often than not, I think.

The cultural descriptions of India were interesting to me. I've read several books set in India, and it's a fascinating country. I don't think I would do well there, though.

This book is pretty clean. There are a few swear words and a mention of rape.

No comments:

Post a Comment