Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Selection Series Books 1-3 (Kiera Cass)

The Selection
The Elite
The One

Why I have these books. I bought the first one when it was on sale for Kindle. I borrowed the rest.

I loved these books. If love was the only criteria, I would give them 5 stars on Goodreads, but I have to reserve that for books that are amazing, like Unbroken and such. But if I could, I would give this 4.8 stars. Sadly, it just goes from 4 to 5, so I gave them 4 stars each.

I could hardly get my nose out of these books, and I started the next just as soon as I finished one. There are two more books in the series, which I have on hold at the library, but I'm at a good stopping point, so I'm being patient. I was really tempted to buy the fourth one!

Anyway, this is geared toward young adults. (Although the world would maybe say it's fine for high-schoolers, I'd say young adult.) Great writing, great story... and it's easy to get absorbed into the world Kiera Cass created in this series.

There is some occasional swearing in this series (including using the name of God as an exclamation of expression) and some mildly suggestive situations. Nothing graphic and nothing goes "too far." There is some violence (like in a war or rebellion), but not graphic.

No comments:

Post a Comment