Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library… mostly because I liked the cover. You might think it ties into a quilting series, kind of like, say, "Cobble Court Quilts," but you would be wrong. There is no quilting in this book. There's not even much sewing.
In any case, I'm not sure what to say. I liked it, and it kept my interest… but I'm not really sure what it was about. I mean, it was about a family, but it didn't seem to have a specific storyline. And I really was perplexed and a little bothered by the ending.
But Anne Tyler books tend to be a little on the quirky side, so if you like her other books, you would probably like this one, too.
There was some occasional swearing and one couple in the book had some risqué moments... but nothing graphic and those parts were mostly awkward-like. Haha...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There were parts of this book I really liked, and other parts I didn't care for. I thought her characters were interesting, complex, and realistic. I completely agree with your feelings about the ending!
ReplyDelete