Why I have this book: I recently purchased it because it looked good.
I really liked this book. I admit the first story had a part that was difficult for me to read (although others might not be bothered by it), but I tried to put it into a frame that I could understand and that helped.
Each chapter was written by a different author, and each described their journey through a particular trial and how their relationship with God sustained them.
I liked that most of them didn't sugar coat how difficult it was. I liked that they pointed out the things that people said that weren't helpful. One author was somewhat sarcastic, and I liked that, too. It was good to hear the honest emotions behind the "I'm fine" and the distance we often keep when we are hurting.
I recommend this book to anyone who wants some perspective on life and anyone who wants to read about hope in action.
Clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment