Thursday, July 10, 2014

Tying the Knot: A Newport Ladies Book Club Novel (Josi S. Kilpack, Annette Lyon, Heather B. Moore and Julie Wright )

Why I have this book: Because it is the last book in the Newport Ladies Book Club series.

Well... I liked it well enough. It was an enjoyable read and it was fun to get "caught up" on the characters from the other eight books. It was a bit on the shorter side (176 pages), so not a lot of depth could really go into each of their stories.

Some of it was a little corny, and (spoiler alert) there was a little too much of the romantic happy ending for pretty much everyone. It just didn't seem very realistic when at least some of the books up to this point weren't even focused on romance and were more about other life challenges. It was kind of a lighthearted ending for what started out as a series with a little more substance. I was a bit disappointed in that, even though the book itself kept my interest.

Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment