Why I have this book: It was our book club book this month. I actually borrowed it from the e-book library. It nicely came available just when I needed it!
I LOVED this book. Loved it. In fact, I will be buying it. I just haven't decided if I'll buy it as a "real" book or a Kindle edition. In the meantime, it's on my Wish List so I won't forget. It's a great book for kids to read. It's also a great book for adults to read. Besides the obvious lessons, it was just an enjoyable book to immerse oneself in.
I'm not sure why one character "wrote" his chapter with no capital letters. That would be my one puzzlement. :) I'm not bothered, per se, just wasn't sure why exactly. None of the other kids his age (or younger) wrote in a juvenile manner.
And I'm so grateful my kids' school does not hold a graduation for every grade in middle school. Ugh. High school graduation is enough. (Kindergarten graduation is just fun.)
The "other F-word" (the one some people use instead of, say, "toot.") is used over and over in one chapter. (He is telling a story that involves passing gas, and thus uses that word to describe it. Over and over.) The name of God is used as an exclamation of emotion a handful of times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment