Thursday, May 22, 2014

Why I Don't Hide My Freckles Anymore: Perspectives on True Beauty (LaNae Valentine and Lisa Tensmeyer Hansen)

Why I have this book: It caught my eye a couple of times in bookstore catalogs and I finally decided to buy it.

This book is basically a collection of essays by women (and a couple of men) about their experiences and/or thoughts on what true beauty is. I found most of it to be interesting and a bit here and there worthy of highlighting. I wish the thoughts would have gone a little deeper and that the authors would have shared more about their journeys as they've embraced a more spiritual view of "beauty." I thought it felt a bit too "on the surface" to be a helpful tool for those who are struggling in this very "appearance-focused" world we live in.

Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment