Why I have this book: I have thought about reading it off and on ever since it became popular... and it went on sale one day for pretty cheap, so I bought it.
I haven't quite decided if I like it or not. The writing is good, the story is definitely engaging. The characters are well-developed. I guess the problem I have is that when I was at about 88% of the book (reading on my Kindle), I just didn't feel like I wanted to deal with the violence. At that point, I wondered if I would want to finish the series.
I pressed on and the book grabbed my interest again. Now I know I want to read the next book, but I'm not sure I want to pay the $6.99 the Kindle version costs on Amazon. I put it on hold on the e-book library. The thing is, I already have the third book because it was also on sale for under $4. I would probably buy the second one if the price dropped a bit. Seems silly to have Books One and Three, but not Book Two. Who knows? Maybe I'll buy it at $6.99 after I finish the series because I want the whole set.
So... if you like dystopian stories, this is definitely a good book. The violence isn't descriptive, really. I just got this hopeless feeling when that part started. I wasn't sure I wanted to immerse myself in it for three books. But if I had the second book right now, I would be starting it, for sure. :)
There are sad and scary things that happen in this book, including non-descriptive violence and suicide. The name of God is used as an exclamation a couple of times, but I don't recall any other swearing. There are a couple of sexual comments and "scenarios," which seem unnecessary to the story. (Nothing happens and none of it is really descriptive.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have been debating...I guess I will give it a try. Thanks
ReplyDelete