Monday, January 21, 2013

The Newport Ladies Book Club: Athena (Heather B. Moore)

Why I have this book: I bought it because I'm completely into this series.

This is the fourth book in the Newport Ladies Book Club series. I found out there will be four more books coming up! The exciting news is that the next four books will cover the next four months of the book club, so we'll find out what's happening with these first characters as we read the stories of new book club members. :) I'm pretty excited about that.

I really liked this book. Interestingly, this character's story is focused more on her own life and not as much integrated with the others in the series. I thought the writing was good, the character development was good... all of it was good.

What a great idea these four authors had, and it's working out marvelously. I highly recommend this series.

I also like that I make note of their book club choices. Of the first four, I've read two... The Help and The Poisonwood Bible. I have a third... My Name is Asher Lev. My old book club read it, but I never did. The fourth (Silas Marner), I had never even heard of. Maybe I'll read it someday. (I wonder how many copies of these books are being sold due to their mention in these books...)

Clean.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting.
    I read "Silas Marner" when I was younger. It's one of the classics, and I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete