Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Inn at Rose Harbor (Debbie Macomber)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library.

(I should be reading Persuasion by Jane Austen right now, but mindless reads are what is working this week. So many other things needing my full-brain attention are leaving only a bit of energy for reading!)

I am so torn on Debbie Macomber books. On the one hand, they are good. The story lines are well thought out. The characters seem developed... but something falls a little short. At least, that's how I felt about this book.

I think my biggest problem is that things tied up too quickly, too neatly. Everything is emotional tumoil, then... it's better! Way better. Personalities even seem to change. I don't know... it just didn't satisfy, even though it should have.

I'm not opposed to reading more of her books. They are relaxing and easy reads, not just fluff. But I would only read them if I can borrow them. I wouldn't spend money on them.

That sounds so mean. :/

This book has a couple of swear words, but is otherwise clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment