Sunday, December 11, 2011

All She Ever Wanted (Lynn Austin)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the e-book library.

I like Lynn Austin books. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that before. I liked this one, too. I didn't LOVE it for two reasons:

It switches between 3 generations, which is just something I don't love so much. I get all invested in one storyline and then it changes. Then I get invested in that storyline and it changes again! I'm not a hater of that way of writing, but it just disrupts the flow for me... it's distracting. My problem, I know.

The second reason I didn't LOVE it was because parts of it didn't seem plausible. The ending tied up too neatly and too quickly. There were things that happened that should have had more depth to them than was explained. I guess I mean that she hit on some deep wounds, but didn't write to the depth that seemed to be required.

The same thing applies to the characters who had strong faith. I felt like the author could have developed that more deeply.

Still, it was a good book. It kept my interest.

This book is clean. There are some hard topics, but none of them were explored enough to be really disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment