Friday, December 23, 2011

Twenty Wishes (Debbie Macomber)

Why I have this book: It's another "borrow" on my Kindle. I sure like the library loaning program for Kindle!

I think I've read one other book by Debbie Macomber, but I don't remember much about it. She was just featured in a Christian magazine I read, so I figured it would be a clean read.

So... I liked this book quite a bit. Nothing challenging about it at all. It's one of those "bathtub" or "beach" reads... soemthing that doesn't require a lot of brain power.

Some of it was a bit corny, but she did a good job developing most of the characters. I guess it's part of a series (Blossom Street). There sure were a lot of widows in the book.

Anyway, yeah... enjoyable book.

ETA: I ended up reading several of the the other books in this series. Some of them had more swearing and more sexuality (still nothing graphic). I liked one of the character's philosophy on "life affirmation" (she is a cancer survivor), but overall, these aren't books I'd spend more money on. Library? Yes, if I want something totally light and mindless to read.

There may have been one mild swear word, and a hint of sensuality... and a weird exchange of words between a mother and daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment