Sunday, June 28, 2026

My Next Breath (Jeremy Renner)

Why I have this book: I borrowed the ebook from KU, I think, and the audio version from the online library because I was curious about his story.

I gave this one three stars on Goodreads. The description of his accident was incredible (and difficult to listen to and read about), and hearing the actual 911 calls in the audio version was anxiety-inducing. It's really unbelievable that he survived without more serious long-term injuries. His description of death (from the moment that he seemed to have died) was fascinating and actually pretty comforting. 

I only gave it three stars because the rest of the book seemed a bit redundant and somewhat... not humble? I don't really know how to word it, but it was just difficult to feel a lot of connection to him. I do think (from looking at his IG page after reading the book) that he does a lot of good in the world, and he seems like a family man and a loving father. It was just hard to get into the rest of the book and the way he describes his life. 

I found myself annoyed by his stubbornness and arrogance as a patient. The book had too much profanity for my liking (as is typical with celebrity books), and he just comes across as a bit self-absorbed. I'm not bothered that I read it, but it didn't quite reach four stars for me.

Lots of profanity and pretty graphic descriptions of his injuries from the accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment