Friday, June 19, 2026

Finlay Donovan Crosses the Line (Elle Cosimano)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library because I've read the others in the series.

I gave this book four stars on Goodreads, but given the choice, I might have gone with 3.5 stars. I enjoy the stories a lot. They are easy to read, easy to get into, funny, etc. Bonus that there weren't any gory scenes this time around!

I'd drop the stars by a half-point just because the sexual banter is a little more than I want to read in a book like this. It's not necessary and doesn't even seem to fit in with everything else going on. There could have been just a tiny bit more editing work, too. There were just a couple things that needed to be tidied up.

I thought for sure this book would tie up the series, but the author left us with a cliffhanger again. She is really good at those cliffhangers!

I'm sure there was some profanity, but I don't recall exactly what level it was. There's some sexual banter/talk, no descriptive sexual scenes, though. It's a mystery, so expect some "edge-of-your-seat" moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment