Tuesday, May 27, 2025

Pictures of You (Emma Grey)

Why I have this book: It was getting a lot of attention online, so I borrowed it from the ebook library.

I gave this one three stars. It felt pretty implausible (although I know trauma can create memory loss/repression), and it left some significant loose ends with no indication that there would be a sequel. I'm not an expert, though. Maybe it's entirely plausible.

The good guy was a little "too good" in that he seemed very sweet and ideal, but probably not realistically so. There were also a couple of obvious editing issues.

It's too bad, since I did like the other book by this author that I read, and I even had a short messaging exchange with her about that one.

It was good, but maybe not as good (for me) as the hype made me expect. Looks like it took me a while to get through this one, but that's because we had company, and like I mentioned on the previous review, we had some extra stress going on. It was difficult to focus on this.

I think there was some profanity (but I don't remember because I'm halfway through my next book), and there are people having sex, but it's not described.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment