Sunday, May 4, 2025

I Am the Messenger (Markus Zusak)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library because my daughter recommended it.

Okay, this isn't an overly lengthy book... around 360 pages. Quite typical for a novel. But oh, my gosh. It took me forever to read it. It was just so slow and boring. It went on and on and on and on and on and on...

I started out giving this two stars, then I realized I was only giving that second star because his book The Book Thief was amazing. It was as if I were giving him extra credit on this one for that one. 

No. I'm not doing it. No extra credit. I didn't like this one at all, so I'm only giving it one star on Goodreads.

I know I'm supposed to feel all inspired, but it really fell flat for me. I'm not sure I've ever been happier to finish a book so I could move on. I just want to shake it off now. Bleh.

Profanity, some sexual talk, some violence, including domestic assault, death... blah, blah, blah... 

No comments:

Post a Comment