Finlay Donovan is Killing It
Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead
Why I have these books: I borrowed the first three (haven't read the third yet) from Kindle Unlimited. I saw a lot of recommendations for them, plus the covers are really cute. Sadly, the rest of the books aren't on KU and are months out on the ebook library, so I don't know when I'll get to them.
I liked both these books to the tune of 4 stars each on Goodreads. They are fun, light reads without being shallow. They probably aren't super realistic. I mean, no "probably" about it... they really aren't realistic, but they kept my interest and kept me guessing as to what was going to happen next.
I told a couple of people that I could totally see the books in movie form. Lo and behold, the author mentions in the "acknowledgments" section of the book that she's looking forward to seeing Finlay on the screen. Sounds like I'm not the only one who could see these characters and stories as a movie!
If I were the editor or early reader, I'd have helped her clean up a few things. ;)
Mostly clean. I think there was some swearing, but I'm not sure if any of it was in the F-word category. (Am I becoming desensitized?) It has a tiny bit of spice, but nothing descriptive. There is a little violence since they are murder mysteries... um, mostly yucky because they deal with dead bodies, and that's never fun to imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment