Why I have this book: I used one of my Audible credits to buy the audio version. I had seen clips of the author online, and I thought the story would be compelling because of all the health issues he's dealt with due to his drug and alcohol use.
I ended up giving this book only two stars on Goodreads. I actually enjoyed the book a lot for maybe 2/3 of it, but after that, I really just wanted it to hurry up and be done. Sometimes it seemed like the timeline was disjointed, but the problem was mostly that I couldn't take one more F-word (I don't know if I've ever read a book with so many), and I was tired of hearing his stories about women. It's obvious that he has a lot of issues stemming from his parents' divorce, but it seems like there must be more going on because he's certainly not the only kid whose parents got divorced, and I don't think his way of coping is necessarily the norm. But what do I know?
Overall, I don't hate that I read (listened to) it, but I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone. I've never watched Friends (except maybe one episode), and this didn't make me want to watch it. I think I know too much about Matthew Perry to get lost in the character of Chandler now.
And... I'd never step foot into the world of Hollywood. Their "normal" is not reality, and honestly, I applaud any actor who comes through with their sanity, health, and morals intact.
Waaaaaaay too much profanity. Some talk of all the women he slept with. Maybe some other sexual talk, but I don't remember exactly. It was just a yucky kind of book.
No comments:
Post a Comment