Friday, January 14, 2022

Actually, I'm Not Okay (Danny Baker)

Why I have this book: I bought it as part of a series on depression from The Depression Project. I honestly don't know how it came to my attention, but the books were inexpensive, so I bought them.

So from what I can tell online, this book was only 45 pages long. It's unnumbered when I look at the book on my iPhone Kindle app, so I can't verify that at the moment, but it sure seemed longer than that. It's more of a document/pdf that I sent to my Kindle, so it's not even a real book in the sense that it was published by mainstream publishing. However, someone had added it to Goodreads, so I was able to add it to my "read" shelf.

I gave it two stars on Goodreads. I felt like a lot of it was redundant. I do feel like after reading this book, I can conclude that I don't suffer from depression. Do I get down at times? Sure. Do I have situations in my life that make me sad? Yeah, I do. But I don't suffer from the kind of depression talked about or described in this book. I'm grateful for that.

Maybe if someone suffers from the kind of depression the book describes, it would be more helpful than it was for me.

Clean. I don't remember anything offensive. It's possible there was a swear word or two, but I can't be sure on that. To be honest, I skimmed a bit of it just because it was redundant.

No comments:

Post a Comment