Friday, October 30, 2020

Echo Mountain (Lauren Wolk)

Why I have this book: I borrowed the audio version because I've really liked two other books by the author. 

I liked this book a whole lot. :) I gave it five stars on Goodreads, although (like another book of hers), I'd have given it 4.7 if that was an option. My only "complaint" (if you can call it that) is that the protagonist is a 12-year-old girl, and just like the last book of hers that I read, she just thinks and acts so much older than that. My daughter is almost twelve, and I'm pretty confident that she would never think like this girl does or be confident in doing what she does. The girl (Ellie) feels more like seventeen to me than twelve, although I don't think most teenage or even young adult girls of today have the depth Ellie has.

Other than that, I really loved the book. I love the way Lauren Wolk writes and the feeling she creates with her words. It's really very beautiful. The narrator of this version did a great job, too, except for the younger brother's voice, which was too whiny and annoying for me. Haha...

Clean. I don't recall even a mild swear word appearing in this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment