Why I have this book: My oldest son recommended it, so I bought it... then my middle son read it and really liked it, so I read it, too.
I gave it four stars on Goodreads. I probably would have given it 3.7 or so, but that's not an option. The only reason I say that is because the last couple of chapters seemed to be longer than they needed to be. Otherwise, I did like this book a lot. Kyle's story is incredible, and it reminds readers how much our military personnel and their families sacrifice on our behalf.
Kyle's honesty, humility, and strength is a great example for me. If he can endure and thrive with what he's been through, so can the rest of us with our own challenges.
Clean. There is one section (where he quotes others) that has a few swear words, but otherwise there's no bad language. Impressive! Seems like most books involving people in the military have a ton of heavy swear words, but not this one. Thank you, Kyle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment