Friday, April 3, 2020

Open Book (Jessica Simpson)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library.

In all honestly, I didn't know much about Jessica Simpson. I knew she was an actress to some degree, and thought maybe she was a singer... but honestly, I've only ever seen articles about her and have never seen or heard any of her work enough to tell you about it. I just like memoirs, so I thought I'd give this a try.

Her story was interesting, but honestly, she comes across as very shallow and narcissistic. I even watched a few episodes of The Newlyweds (the reality show she did with her first husband) to give her a fair shot, and that made me even less of a fan.

I'm really not going to say more about it because I would mostly be saying negative things about her and her lifestyle.

I can't remember if there was any swearing. She makes a big deal of being a virgin on her wedding night, but once she's divorced from her first husband, she sleeps with the other guys she dates. She's also an alcoholic, and talks about being molested by a girl one year older than her as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment