Why I have this book: A friend recommended it, and I borrowed it in both ebook and audiobook editions. (I switched back and forth depending on what was going on.)
I liked this book. There were times I felt like I liked it a lot, but by the end, I can say "I liked it." I do wonder how much listening to it as an audiobook comes into play with that. The narrator was good, but when she switched to a gravely voice for men or for old women who had accents, it was sometimes really hard to understand what she was saying. That's really my biggest complaint on fiction audiobooks - when women narrate and try to do a male voice, it just doesn't work.
My other complaint is that I don't always get the "feel" of the book listening instead of reading. I started this one out by listening, but switched to reading until I got a better feel for what the story was about.
In any case, I did enjoy it, and I gave it three stars on Goodreads.
Clean. I don't even think there was any swearing, but I could be wrong. There may have been one or two mild swear words? Or maybe not. Haha...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment