Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library on the recommendation of a friend.
I liked it pretty well (3 stars on Goodreads), but there were definitely some things that bothered me.
The writing... it was good as far as sucking me in, but the grammar was awful, and I feel like there could have been some editing. I realize it was written in first person, and maybe it was supposed to "sound" like how the character talked or thought, but the guy went to Harvard and had an MBA. I'm sure he wasn't quite so grammatically deficient even in his thoughts.
Next... I just don't think it's that simple to have a happy ending considering his lifestyle. I think it's likely that things would catch up to him.
There was just too much unrealistic stuff that happened. I can't even start on that list.
And the love interest was just too good to be true.
So there you go.
Oh, and here's an example of how an editor could have stepped in: "Paulina walked me toward the middle of the building where a channel or walkway cut through the middle proving that just as many people lived in the middle as on the outside."
????????????? That's got to be one of the worst sentences I've ever read. I had to read it several times, and in the end, I just kinda guessed at what he was trying to describe. Plus... using the word "middle" three times in one sentence? Yeah, probably not the best idea.
Clean. I'm pretty sure there wasn't even any swearing, or if there was, I don't remember it. There wasn't even any sex that I can remember. So either it was really clean, or my memory is very bad. (I just finished the book last night, so it's not like I'm having to think about something I read a long time ago.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment