Sunday, April 28, 2019

Please Look After Mom (Kyung-Sook Shin)

Why I have this book: I bought the print edition years ago (but hadn't read it yet), then the Kindle edition was on sale for a couple of dollars, so I bought it since I love reading on my Kindle. :)

I gave this a 3 on Goodreads. I liked it well enough, but it was confusing to read since it was written in the 2nd person, like "You see your brother. You wonder why he is here." (Those aren't exact quotes... haha!) Anyway, just when I thought I figured out the writing style, it switched to the mother's point of view, and the writing changed and I had to figure it out again.

It was translated from Korean, but I can't say that's why it was so confusing. In any case, it was somewhat moving as far as the humanity of it, but the writing and the ending didn't do it for me.

Clean. There may have been a swear word or two?

No comments:

Post a Comment