Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Two books I listened to on audio...

Okay, so last week I had a "staycation" all alone at home for several days. During this time, I listened to two LDS romance novels through the DBS+ app.

Off the top of my head, I don't really remember the titles. One was about lies and breakfast at Tiffany's, and the other might have been called "Healing Hearts" or something. I don't even care enough to look them up because it doesn't matter. Here's what I learned, though:

1) I'm probably not going to listen to fiction books anymore. While it was a nice way to pass the time while I worked on other projects, I didn't like the narrator's way of lowering her voice (both books had female narrators/readers) for the male characters. It just doesn't work. They all ended up sounding like they were blockheads.

2) I would rather put my own inflections and tones into what the characters say. I feel like I lost a bit of connection to them because I was going through a "third party's" interpretation of how they were saying things.

3) I don't think I can give these books a fair rating on Goodreads because I might have enjoyed them more if I was reading them myself rather than listening to audiobooks. Because of that, I didn't even add them to my Goodreads list.

No comments:

Post a Comment