Wednesday, March 27, 2019

An Unforgivable Secret (J.E.B. Spredemann)

Why I have this book: I got it for free on Kindle about four years ago.

This is such a badly written book. I'm not even sure why I finished it. I guess I wanted to see where it was going.

The writing was extremely shallow. The plot wasn't believable. The "love stories" weren't believable, either. As a reader, I didn't feel anything for any of the characters. I have no idea how it was published, although I see that the publishing company isn't one I've heard of before.

I rarely delete books from my Kindle cloud, but I did delete this one. I wouldn't want anyone else to waste their time reading it. I understand the point the author was trying to make, but the writing made it feel trite. That's unfortunate, because had it been written with more depth and more realistically, it would have been a meaningful story.

I gave it one star on Goodreads.

Clean, although it deals with fornication (a word she uses in the book several times) and abortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment