Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library because I've enjoyed other books by the author.
I gave this book only one star on Goodreads. The writing was so shallow that I even stopped in the middle to see if it really was a Debbie Macomber book. Then later, I checked the publication date to see if it was one of her first books. The writing was so mediocre! The characters weren't well developed, the daughter was super annoying, the love interest wasn't very bright. There was no chemistry (other than what the author told us was there... I couldn't "feel" it in the writing), the relationships throughout the book weren't believable. It really just didn't work for me in any way.
Having said that, I have the next two books in the series checked out already (before I read this one), and I'll probably give the second one a try. If it's as bad as this one, I probably won't read the third.
Clean. I don't remember any swear words, although it's possible there was a mild one or two. Nothing that stood out to me, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment