Why I have this book: I bought it years ago, and finally read it because it was a book club choice.
I almost gave this book 2 stars on Goodreads. (2 stars = it was okay.) I gave it 3 stars ("liked it"), though, just because I like the author and maybe I just wasn't in the mood to appreciate this one. I had just read two of her other books (both of which tied into this one), so maybe it was just too much of a good thing.
Maybe it was because it was set in Russia, and that location doesn't do much for me. (Nothing against Russia, I promise!) Maybe I was just tired of the back and forth between eras and trying to keep up with two stories.
In any case, I'm not completely sure I gave it a fair shot, but it didn't keep my attention like her other books have. (Maybe I've just been too tired at night, which is when I typically can read.)
So with all those "maybe's," I don't really have much more to add.
Clean'ish. There is one "bodice-ripper" scene, which is not really descriptive (and maybe it's my age, but it mostly just made me roll my eyes), and there might be a few mild swear words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment