Monday, December 19, 2016

The Great Good Thing: A Secular Jew Comes to Faith in Christ (Andrew Klavan)

Why I have this book: My son recommended it, so I put it on my Wish List on Amazon. It was $12.99 on Kindle! Too much for me. Then one day it dropped to $2.99, so I grabbed it up.

I had a hard time getting into this book at first, but that could have been because I was in school and only had so much brain power left for reading. Once the semester was over, I picked it up again from about 48%, and then I got sucked in. I enjoyed the second half of the book a lot. (I don't know if the first half wasn't as good or if it was just because I was in school.)

If I could, I would give this 4.5 stars on Goodreads, maybe even 4.75.  I can't, though, so I went with 4 stars.

Pretty clean. I don't remember any swearing and though the author does indicate that he slept with a lot of women, there isn't anything graphic about it. The overall message is one of coming to faith in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment