Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Truly Madly Guilty (Liane Moriarty)

Why I have this book: Because I like the author's books.

I really like her writing style, although this one felt a little too similar to another of her books. Still, I love the way her books suck me in. I can spend a whole day just engrossed in her stories. This one had a couple of interesting twists, and like all her books, brought out the complexity of human emotions.

She still uses the F-word way too often and too casually, and she talks about sex (although she doesn't describe sexual encounters) also very casually. I admit that this time I didn't give her 4 stars (on Goodreads) because I'm tired of her swearing, but I also admit that I really like her writing. Anyway, I would only recommend her books to friends who I know can separate out the bad stuff and still appreciate the way she writes. It would be so much easier if she would just clean up the language, but I realize that not everyone thinks it's a big deal. (sigh) 

No comments:

Post a Comment