Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Hypnotist's Love Story (Liane Moriarty)

Why I have this book: Because I have liked all the books I've read that were written by this author. I borrowed it from the ebook library.

Another winner! Could hardly get my nose of out it. I like the way she writes... it's so detailed (by not in a boring way) about the things we all see and think and notice (sometimes subconsciously). She puts into words all the things that make being human a universal thing. Maybe if you've read her books, you understand what I mean.

If you're the type who can skip over her use of profanity, I highly recommend her books.

I was happy that this book had less profanity than her other books. It was still there, but not in as overwhelming an amount. Marriage isn't a necessity for sexual relations in her stories, nor for having children, which seems to be pretty common in the Australian and British cultures. (Although to be fair, I guess it's pretty common in America, as well... just not so much in my circle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment