Why I have these books: I got hooked on the Hallmark series on Netflix, so when I ran out of episodes, I decided to read the books the series was based on. On Kindle, they are sold in Volumes that contain four books each. I just finished Volume One which includes:
16 Lighthouse Road
204 Rosewood Lane
311 Pelican Court
44 Cranberry Point
It was hard to separate the characters in the tv series from the characters in the book for the first several chapters (or more) of the first book. The story lines are somewhat different in the books than on the show, so I really had to erase the tv series from my mind so I could get engrossed in the books.
There's romance, drama, mystery, relationship issues, etc. throughout the books. It's kind of a peek into the lives of the people of this small coastal town. Something about both the series on tv and the books brings this cozy feeling. I'm not sure why, but it just feels like a comforting place to be in my free time. I've enjoyed them. (Although when I'm thinking what the story lines involve - divorce, murder, relationship drama, bad choices, etc., I'm wondering how I find them comforting and cozy. Haha! Makes no sense, other than it's just life set in a beautiful small town setting with people who seem real and who care about each other.)
I wouldn't call these books squeaky clean… there is quite a bit of what would be considered "mild" swearing (like the "D" word and the "H" word) and there is more than a passing amount of sex, although it's not what I would call a "smut" book. Each encounter is maybe a paragraph or two in length, but there is a bit of description. It's not crude, but there's enough detail that I wouldn't recommend it to my "purest" reading friends. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment