Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the e-book library because I read the first book in the trilogy (Divergent.)
I already own the third book in the series (it was on sale for Kindle), so I'll be reading that next. I don't know... I kinda liked this book, but I could go all day and not think about reading it. On the other hand, every night I would pick it up to read a bit before bed and would read until I couldn't keep my eyes open. So...? Not sure how to classify that level of interest.
There were so many characters in so many factions that it was difficult for me to keep them all straight. I would totally recommend keeping a notebook (or using X-Ray if you have that function on your Kindle) to keep track if you are like me and are lacking brain power. :)
I think if I didn't find the characters and factions so confusing, I'd enjoy it more. I just can't relate to that type of society, so it's hard for me to get too enthralled. Maybe the third book will clear it up for me.
My cursed editor's brain wants to help the author with one sentence because it was redundant and contradictory at the same time.
There are some uses of the name of God as an exclamation of emotions. There is a scene or two of physical affection, but I would say they didn't go further than kissing and touching of non-private areas. Lots of violence, not graphically described.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment