Sunday, February 9, 2014

Allegiant (Veronica Roth)

Why I have this book: I bought it while it was on sale for Kindle (before I even read the first book in the series.)

I don't even know what to say about this book. I really can't say very much without spoilers, so I'm kind of stuck.

I will say this: There is no point in reading the first two books if you're not going to read the third book. There is more humanity in the last third of the third book than the rest combined.

I really can't say anything more. Dang. However, the series went from being a series I wouldn't really feel the need to recommend to people, to one I might recommend to a few. My interest was similar to Insurgent, in that I didn't necessarily feel the need to neglect my housework in order to read it, but when I did pick it up each night to read a chapter or two, I had a hard time putting it down until I was unable to keep my eyes open.

There is a certain depressing feel to the entire series, though. It's only in the last bit that there was any sense of hope to me... which seems counterintuitive, considering...

This book has a handful or two of swearing, including the name of the Lord used as an exclamation of expression. It is implied that two of the characters have sex, but it is so subtle that I can't say for certain that they did. (Pretty sure they did, though.) There is a very subtle hint that two other characters have a homosexual relationship, but again, it's so vaguely alluded to that if you blinked, you'd miss it. There is violence (not really graphically described), just like in the other two books.

No comments:

Post a Comment