Saturday, January 18, 2014

The List (Melanie Jacobson)

Why I have this book: It actually belongs to my daughter. I think I randomly bought it for her while browsing at the local bookstore a year or two ago.

She was packing up her stuff (moving to college... waaaahhhh) and I asked her to leave her books out so I could read the ones I hadn't read yet.

This book definitely fits in the romantic comedy genre. The writing was smooth, the dialogue was easy to get into, it was enjoyable to read. The ending was a little over-the-top, in my opinion... the way you'd see a romantic comedy end on the big screen.

There is the cynic in me that really hates romantic comedies. I got a bit of that cynicism while reading this book... the characters were too witty (all the time), too perfect looking, too perfect everything. Even their (her) flaws were designed to be perfectly attractive. So, that part of it was kind of "blech" to me, but I still enjoyed the book. I think it's probably perfect (haha) for young adults and older teens who still dream of that magical soulmate who is somewhere out there...

So if you enjoy this type of book, it's a good one. I did find myself smiling a lot, because the wit really was... witty.  ;)

Clean.

2 comments:

  1. I've read this book and several others by this author. The perfect rom-com does get a little old after a while, but it's still cute and good for escapism. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep... and it seems like I am looking for an escape more and more often. ha!

    ReplyDelete