Why I have this book: Somehow it came up on Amazon - I don't remember how - and it was free to borrow, so I borrowed it.
You know I'm a sucker for weight loss success stories.
To be honest, I didn't have high hopes going into it. I'm pretty sure it was self-published, there were no reviews... I figured it would be short and non-inspiring. But since it was free to borrow and I hardly ever borrow with Amazon Prime, I figured "Why not?"
I actually really liked it. From what I can tell, the author kept a blog on Weight Watchers' online site and this is just a publication of that blog. What I liked was reading about her normal, everyday life and the challenges it threw her way as she tried to stay focused on her weight loss goals. I was impressed with the way she didn't allow the obstacles of real life to throw her off her commitment. She sometimes was more strict than other times, but she logged all her food and kept going. She ended up losing 130 pounds over the course of about a year and a half. (I think. I can't remember how long it took her... somewhere between one and two years...?)
There are a couple handfuls of random swear words and one really off-color joke that she re-told after hearing it at a comedy club. I could have done without that, for sure. It wasn't funny and was just completely unnecessary. For that reason alone, I'm glad I didn't pay the $2.99 to buy it.
ETA: I actually ended up purchasing this in 2017, because it was no longer available to borrow, I wanted to see if it was inspiring in my never-ending quest to lose weight. I didn't like it as much this time... I found it somewhat tedious to get through. I'm still impressed by her accomplishment, though. I looked her up on Facebook, and it looks like she put some of the weight back on, which is such a bummer for her. I don't know why it's so hard just to lose weight and keep it off! (I'm feeling a little cranky right now.) I'm going to delete it off my account, just because I won't read it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment