Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fancy Pants (Cathy Marie Hake)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library for my Kindle.  It is part of the Only in Gooding series.

Um... well, it was okay. I mean, after the first few chapters, it became more interesting. Some parts were just so silly. Some parts were over the top. Some of it was good... it was clean entertainment. I didn't hate it. But I certainly didn't love it.

I'm starting to think that Forevermore (also part of this series) was a fluke. Or... as I've thought about it... I read it while I was in the hospital. I may have been drugged. Maybe it wasn't as good as I thought?  I don't know.

I went to Amazon after reading this book and read the 1-star reviews. They pretty much summed up my feelings about it.  I especially liked the review entitled "Good, Bad, Worse, Worst." Not really sure what that means, but the review made me laugh because the "here's the romance in a nutshell" part of her review was funny... and true.  :) If you want a little chuckle, read that review. (There are only three 1-star reviews - at least right now - so it's not hard to find.)

This Christian historical romance novel is clean.

But if you read the review on Amazon, it does have a swear word in it. (Full disclosure and all that.)


1 comment:

  1. I read Forevermore in the hospital too... And liked it, a lot. I wasn't the drugged one though. Won't be adding these to my list... :)

    ReplyDelete