Why I have this book: I bought it for my Kindle because I thought it would be interesting to read about Jennifer Hudson overcoming some of the extremely difficult challenges she has faced. I love autobiographies, anyway, but mostly I have been impressed with how she has managed her life after losing her family members in a tragic way... and she is also a spokesperson for Weight Watchers and has had success in losing weight, so I was interested to see how she focused on that in her busy life.
The book is mostly a promotion for Weight Watchers. A good chunk of the book explains the program in almost clinical terms. Kind of disappointing. She doesn't really share a lot about the very tough loss of her family members... certainly, that's her prerogative, and I can't blame her.
The book is written with as much depth as a magazine article. It's very surface. I mostly learned some basic facts about her rise to fame. It provides an interesting glimpse into the world of Hollywood. I am happy for her... she seems like a nice girl and she deserves her success. She's very likable.
I don't think I would read it again.
There is swearing in this book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Remember how I was going to read this with you? Oops
ReplyDeleteWhy, yes. Yes, I do.
ReplyDelete