Why I have this book: It was on the bargain table of a local bookstore. I actually bought it for one of my daughters.
This LDS novel was written for the teenage/YA crowd. I liked it. Some of it was a bit cliche (wish I had the accent mark to make that spelled just right), and one character was too good to be true, in my opinion. Some of the storyline wasn't developed to the depth that would be required to declare this super well written... but I thought it was a touching story that kept my interest. I enjoyed it.
This book belongs to my daughter, so it's up to her whether or not we keep it. My guess would be that we will.
This book is clean. The subject matter includes the death of a parent and alcoholism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think I read this book. Like most of its genre, for me it just kind of blended in with all the rest of the LDS fiction.
ReplyDelete